Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Water.....and more water.

Happy Wednesday Friends!

So I just wanted to drop in while I watch Top Chef and report on all the food I ate today.  Today was a very odd day.  All day long, no matter how many yummy, healthy foods I put into my mouth, I was never satisfied.  I actually felt hungry all freaking day long!!  Here's my list:

Breakfast - 1 med WCM (white chocolate mocha) and a wheat bagel with some butter and some peanut butter (for the record, I went and bought a jar of peanut butter to take to work and am going to try to remove the butter from my bagels and replace it with peanut butter from now on)


Lunch - chicken breast with white wine mushroom sauce, grilled asparagus and sauteed mixed veggies, water to drink.  An hour after I was done eating, I was still hungry, so I had some blueberries and when that didn't work, I got two hard boiled eggs, and when THAT didn't work, I kept drinking water, and more water, and STILL more water.  I drank just over 4 glasses that are 20 ounces +, so I am more than fully hydrated at this point.

Snack - Hummus and pita chips

Dinner - Cheese Ravioli with Butternut Squash sauce, salad with catalina dressing (just a bit, nowhere near as much as I used to) and for dessert a cupcake and a glass of milk.  It wasn't until after the cupcake that I finally felt full for the first time today.

Here's what I think - I think my body has figured out that I mean business this time and is trying to stage some sort of protest.  Tough noogies, I'm going to fight this battle till the end, and in the end - I will be victorious!!!

1 comment:

  1. Go Jess!!!! Be sure to add extra protein, and healthy fats like you're doing with the peanut butter. Check out your ingredients too, Jiff/Skippy/Peterpan has LOTS of sugar. You can also grind your own PB at Whole Foods and some of the natural stores, too. Almond butter is different tasting, but it's what we use in our house. I think you're doing great, and your meals sound SO delicious!

    ReplyDelete